Good morning, folks! How are we all doing this morning? I am knackered. The short of it is I've not slept properly for over a week now. When I do sleep its not good sleep. I more often than not wake up feeling like I've been in a street fight.

With that in mind, I've decided to take the rest of the month off from writing. I'm not writing at the moment, so this kind of feels like one of those things where I'm making an announcement that's not going to change anything. It is though. I will guilt trip myself till the cows come how if I don't do any writing, which just adds to my anxiety levels (which are always worse when I'm tired).

So, the vague plan is to not do any writing work till October. I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and this'll let me refocus my attention properly. It'll give me time to try and catch up on sleep via naps, and not slamming myself for napping and not writing will help.

Sometimes we all need to take some pressure off ourselves. This is me doing that. I do have a lot going on, and the next ten days or so I've got a lot I need to focus on.

I have got a couple fantastic little irons in the fire at the moment with writing, so this isn't because I'm feeling down about writing. It's just something needed to give, and writing is the most flexible part of my DNA.

When I dit down again in October I've got NaNoWriMo to think about (YAY!!!!!), and a couple of short stories I'll be looking to get drafts of done.

So, lots going on with writing. The passion is still there and strong, I just need a breather from it to focus on other areas of life. And not for nothing, when I get back to it in October I'll be very reenergised.


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more