This is from the British magazine The Economist. The message is very stylish, but it's still a T‑shirt, and it makes me wonder about how to react to such a sudden, challenging dictum.

Photographs courtesy Ebisu Yasutomo

I would wear the shirt above. No surprise given how often I link to that publication. At our Authentica shops we sell items that serve as reminders. T-shirts are among those items.

We do not sell it, but I can relate to the kind of person who would wear the one in the photo to the right. Like the one above it illustrates a very short and delightful photo essay:

An Accidental Collection

How I amassed more T-shirts than I can store

by Haruki Murakami.

I'm not particularly interested in collecting things, but there is a kind of running motif in my life: despite my basic indifference, objects seem to collect around me.Continue reading "Haruki Murakami Reflects On A Category Of Memento"