Ann Schwartz posted: " After breakfast yesterday, I tackled some "decluttering" again. Still. As the years go on, I am getting better at not bringing stuff home, from swap sheds, stores, orders online. I swear. Sometimes when one "inherits" treasures, the job is more "
After breakfast yesterday, I tackled some "decluttering" again. Still. As the years go on, I am getting better at not bringing stuff home, from swap sheds, stores, orders online. I swear.
Sometimes when one "inherits" treasures, the job is more difficult. I inherited craft and sewing supplies and all manner of goodies from Myrtle. She was also generous with such things while she was alive. Everything is a walk back in time, and a day can get ultra-emotional.
One of my peccadilloes is buying craft and art supplies plus related books, and then taking ten years to come to terms with my own incompetence. This, combined with the "passion" vanishing, results in more clutter! Even the expensive "stuff", purchased brand new Ugh. I do not want my own children to be or feel burdened.
I was pretty happy with the work of the day and hope to keep at this. Right at supper time last night, a guy drove in asking if I could groom his dog. I was taken aback, but the man didn't necessarily mean "now", so I told him to return at 9 am.
Darling old Shiloh was picked up: it was such a happy reunion, and owners were happy that she had been groomed.
Screenshot of an entertaining encounter between baby Minna and the thirty-year-old Max.
Sitting here with coffee after eggs Benedict. Some time ago, I made and froze small containers of Hollandaise, so it's an easy meal. At this house: any kind of bread or bun, whatever meat suits (crumbled sausage, ham), and poached eggs all go under the sauce.
I have checked on the doggy guests but haven't finished feeding and watering. I just realized that I have a 9 o'clock appointment and it is 8:15! I need to unearth my grooming table and further organize craft supplies and pet supplies that are crowding me, body and soul.
If I can get away, I will park some treasures at the Dunster Swap Shed. The dog needs a truck ride. I feel like I need a country drive.
A nagging voice in my head keeps telling me, "Ann, nobody wants your crap …". There are few places to donate stuff to, and it's even more difficult to sell it.
Hope your day is a success in every way. While our friends and neighbours seem to be toppling like dominoes, we are thankful to be another day above ground.
No comments:
Post a Comment