[New post] The Fosters: Quick Update – Eden and the Car Gang
derrycats posted: " This is just a quick update since I haven't gotten around to it the last little while. Eden, as of today, has an approved adopter and she will go home March 1st, after her dental on Feb. 28th. Her new mom is a dog groomer and she'll get to go to the shop"
This is just a quick update since I haven't gotten around to it the last little while. Eden, as of today, has an approved adopter and she will go home March 1st, after her dental on Feb. 28th. Her new mom is a dog groomer and she'll get to go to the shop with her, and you can bet she'll never have nails that are too long again! She's going to have a doggie brother now too, and it may take a little while for them to become best friends, but they will be fine together. Poor Eden has moved 4 or 5 times since she was picked up by Animal Control in West Virginia in September, and this will be her last move! I know they will all have a great life together.
In the Car Gang news, Mercedes, momma cat, is now posted for adoption. I had a good time writing her bio for the web and social sites:
"I am a young girl, born into a hoarding situation, so I ended up having my own babies when I was just a baby. I was a very good mommy, but I'm done with that for good, and looking for a family that will enjoy sweet, lovable, and…if I do say so myself…gorgeous me! I'm not telling you my exact age, like any self-respecting girl, but it is somewhere between 12 and 18 months.
My foster mom took me to the vet to get me all checked out and I got a clean bill of health, except that I could stand to gain a few pounds. Hey, who doesn't love being told by their doctor that they could gain a few pounds?? I'm not a picky eater, so bring on the food and pretty soon there will be a little bit more of me to love.
Where I lived before there weren't any of these things my foster mom calls "toys" and I was a little scared of them at first, but now I love these things. The wand toys are really cool and I'm busy making up for lost kitten time by playing like crazy now.
One of my very favorite things to do (and my foster mom loves this) is to rub on your legs often, so you'll reach down and pet me. If that doesn't work I can also stand up on my hind legs and reach for you, just so you get the message, not that I'm pushy or anything.
Foster mom says to say that I am being spayed, whatever that is, March 2nd and will be available for my forever home a few days after that. I will apparently be up to date on all my vaccines then, and am negative for FIV and FELV. I pride myself on my excellent litter box habits. Who wouldn't want such an amazing young kitty?? You can apply for me at www.castawaycritters.org."
And the kittens all seem to be coming down with upper respiratory crud...again. They have a vet appointment on Monday, so we'll see what the vet recommends. Clearly the antibiotic they got in late January didn't totally do the trick. They all, like Mercedes, have Coccidia as well, so they are getting daily yucky meds already. Between the Albon for the Coccidia and the ear drops for bacteria and yeast, and the eye meds for Mustang, it is already quite the medical regime, and I suspect we will be adding an antibiotic too. Which only goes to prove that keeping 53 cats in a house with no vet care isn't good for the cats. Sigh. But we'll get it all squared away in time.
No comments:
Post a Comment