First, just 'cause they're so stinkin' cute, here are Boysenberry and Seaberry. They just got here today and are about 4.5 weeks old and cute as can be, Both boys, and probably medium or long-haired, so they'll go very quickly when they're ready, which will be about mid-July. Their two siblings will join them on Tuesday. We're taking them a little at a time to give momma cat time to reduce her milk and try to prevent mastitis.

Ember, my other foster...sigh. She came in as a stray who was supposed to be spayed and four-paw declawed...a cat who would be easy to just vaccinate and adopt out. That was a couple months ago. She is not declawed, which is a good thing, but she was spayed. Unfortunately she also has some major skin issue which is only getting worse. It isn't clear if this is allergies of some sort, or an autoimmune condition, so many things are underway. She's on a hydrolyzed food trial, a prescription food for those with allergies to food, but we won't know if that's helping for 6-8 weeks. She is also being scheduled for a skin biopsy next week to see if we are dealing with autoimmune instead. On top of it all, she has asthma, and she is on a steroid to help with that, which is working, but she can't have allergy testing unless she's off the steroid for a couple weeks, which isn't an option right now. It is always something.

She has an adopter patiently waiting, which is wonderful, and I hope she's willing to be patient for a month or two. Ember stayed with her future adopter while we were on vacation and they are a good fit, so I hope we can sort all of Ember's issues out.
The potential adopter for Abigail that I liked so much decided not to come meet her, that it wasn't the right time for them to adopt. I have another possible adopter I'm working with...really want to get Abigail her forever home. In the meantime she's hanging out with the Berry kittens, who are residing in the kitty condo. I think Abigail is a little envious of the attention they're getting, but she's managing!
More pictures Tuesday when the Berry kitten's two siblings join us!
No comments:
Post a Comment