Expecting three dogs for shorts stays (one or two days) and then the weekend promises to be hectic.
Yesterday, I stayed occupied with dog laundry and people laundry, dishes and floors and such. I dealt with the bedding plants I'd started myself and a few that I'd bought and some that were given to us by Shelly. I confess … I made some headway but didn't completely get caught up: what gardener ever says they are "finished"?
Perhaps because I was watching a couple of documentaries in a row about black history, early in the afternoon, a wave of sadness washed over me. How can humanity be so inhumane?
I could not shake this feeling of depression for hours. I went on errands and was irritable at best, until I had coffee with Mary. I could almost sense the "greyness" lifting.

Lovely soul, Cash, fits right in.
Today we have Cash, Bayvill, Ada, Darby, Kona and Dexter. Dexter might go home this morning. I have no grooming scheduled for a couple of days except Darby who "wants" a bath & nails while here.
I feel like going for a drive. To Prince George. To shop: the shopping last Thursday en route to dentist was not satisfying (I couldn't drag Gary to any more stores).
The point is not only to shop but to deliver treasures to the hospice house thrift store and Value Village. Don't worry, I share with local thrift stores too.
I don't really need any more plants of any kind, but you may be sure that there are "Canadian Tire Points" burning a hole in my wallet. I can replace a frying pan, coffeemaker or a dead apple tree all at one stop. 

Must get back out to wash floors, etc..
Hope your day is grand.
~ Ann
No comments:
Post a Comment