Lila is apparently a miracle kitten. Friday I was pretty sure we were going to lose her, and the vets gave her a pretty poor prognosis as well, but the little girl is touch and she's turned it all around. She's gaining weight, eating like a pig, is having solid stools instead of a river of diarrhea, and is active and playing with toys again. She turned it all around in about 48 hours, and I'm astonished and delighted! She was found in a trash dumpster by the garbage collectors, and who knows what she was exposed to, but damn, that little girl has a will to live! She desperately needs a good bath at this point, after 10 days of diarrhea, but it was chilly and rainy here - we actually turned the heat on in the house! - so I'll wait a couple days for a warmer sunnier day to do that so she doesn't get chilled. She looks a bit scruffy right now, but she's on the way to being adorable again real soon.

Biscuit is doing a bit better too...still has diarrhea, but we're working on it. He's more active and alert today, so I think we're on the right track.
And the new kids are getting comfortable enough that I got better photos of them today, after clipping some mean talons - those claws were lethal weapons!! The camera makes them a little nervous but I got some decent shots for now.
They're a gorgeous bunch, and they are turning into nice little purring machines, coming along really well for kittens brought in later than we usually like (about 8 weeks...we usually like them about 5-6 weeks in terms of domesticating them.)
Paws crossed that everyone keeps doing well or improving. I'm exhausted from caring for Lila so intensively, and happy for a lighter load for the moment!
And for my Gracie fans out there, she recovered just fine from having 20 teeth extracted. She was a bit quiet for a day, but is back to her old self, and her breath is sooooo much better. Just sayin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment