I'm not doing a video on this one because of two reasons:
- My answer will be so brief that it would take longer to make the video than to give an answer.
- I have never seen it.
Now the reason I haven't seen it is because 'Bible' specials, shows, and movies are always wrong about some or many aspects of the biblical text and that just annoys me. So to avoid annoyance I just don't watch.
I have, however, checked with a few friends who have watched The Chosen and who are biblical scholars and they say that it's ok. It gets some stuff wrong (no surprise there) and it sensationalizes some stuff (no surprise there either, it's a tv show). But on the whole, it isn't too bad.
Watch. Enjoy. If there are particular questions it raises, send them along and I'll be glad to respond.
No comments:
Post a Comment